Trying to Improve the Original


As a child do you remember eating the original Wheaties, The Breakfast of Champions? For years Wheaties remained the same. Then General Mills started to experiment a bit and added whole grain Wheaties, followed by Honey coated, frosted, and then with raisins. All were done to enhance the original. I find this happening now with the Bible. We have the stretching Bible. Most of this is Unwritten but in the minds of the Restored Church of God, New Apostolic Reformation, IHOP, Hebrew Roots, and the list goes on and on. All of these groups must find the Bible insufficient. They believe it needs more prophecy. It is true that 85% of the Bible’s prophecies have been fulfilled. That still leaves 15% unfulfilled. The Bible still has a story to tell. There are also warnings in the Bible about adding to the word of God. Proverbs 30:6 says, do not add to his words lest he reprove you and you be found a liar. Do you know who the father of lies might be? Read John 8:44 for your answer. As for the Bible it does not need Improvement. And those that think it does will one day stand before Jesus and try to justify their actions. I believe he will tell them, I never knew you.

2 thoughts on “Trying to Improve the Original”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.